MarkfaceMarkface

Main News Movies Audio Art Favorites Reviews Stats 200 Fans

All 1,499 flash Reviews

Trump Vs. Clinton: Total Annihilation Trump Vs. Clinton: Total Annihilation

Look I don't want to sound like some high school student over analysing a copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula, but you really showed how much this election has started to resemble a reality TV show. It went from funny as fuck to depressing when I realised that this really is the political climate in a lot of countries these days.

But hey, I'm probably reading too much into it. Then again all I can do these days is read because you blew off my ears.

Newgrounds In The Nutshall. Newgrounds In The Nutshall.

dude you mispelt nutshell lol

PopFizzy responds:

Yeah I know. I was drinking at the time of making this and then I thought "Wait, this could also work out as part of the joke" So I just left it in there.

Meet The Dev Meet The Dev

Clever concept for a game, refreshingly unique. This reminded me a bit of The Stanley Parable. The game was funny, offered good replay value and genuinely spiked my curiosity throughout.

The only thing that bothered me was that it was quite short, and in the grand scheme of things didn't offer a great deal of variation in paths you could take. I feel this could have been a seriously stunning game had it been a bit more expanse in terms of what you could do. A game like The Stanley Parable worked so well because you had the freedom for exploration, or to challenge the game you were in, and within this you were limited to only a few choices. The game would have worked better if you had pre-empted what people were going to do a bit more.

Minor grammar and spelling mistakes become far more noticeable and distracting from the immersion of the game since it's solely text based.

All in all though, cracking and original idea. I can see this is only your second game and the fact that you've managed to come up with something so entertaining and unique means I'm looking forward to what you'll put out in the future. Following you now, keep it up.

Namlich responds:

Thank you for such expansive feedback. It really means a lot to me. Im glad you enjoyed the core concept of the game and my writing.

I woke up 3 days ago and this idea just popped into my head, and i've been working on it since. I got so much in doubt of the idea though. I feared that it was just too weird, and generally boring. So i decided to uploaded it, and hopefully get some honest feedback. Though, as i mentioned in the game, my mom said it was good ;) But getting more unbiased feedback is to prefer after all.

This review in particular has me considering if i should take it down, work a bit more on it and hopefully make the best out of it. Including getting some help with the grammar part, as english is not my main language unfortunately.

Getting compared to The Stanley Parable is amazing. That game is great! I will definitely work a bit more on freedom of exploration, and make your choices have an impact on the story!

Thank you for your feedback!

Pokemon Go Loading Screen Pokemon Go Loading Screen

Animation seemed to have quite a bit of promise from the start, but the ending felt a bit rushed and the entire animation suffered because of it. The Gyarados looked good, was pretty well animated despite the fact that it was mainly tweens. Was a bit disappointed to see the sound cut out and the fairly lazy Pokeball catch effect on the Gyarados.

The Pokemon trainer looked okay to begin with as a silhouette, but I feel you may have gotten more out of the punchline if you had drawn a character in which you could display facial expression with. If you were to sacrifice character design by using a silhouette you would at least have been expected to make the Pokemon trainer animation flawless, but the walking loop seemed blocky and clunky.

Joke felt a bit too drawn out, the animation could have been done in 20-30 seconds and the punchline may have been stronger because of it.

Solid effort though.

XxFalopioxX responds:

Thanks for the tips, i really appreciate the time you take . and yes , you are right , the Silluete could be more animatic because its was just a silluoete.

im having problemns with the WALKING CYCLE and having problem in the way that I DONT LIKE TO SPEND TOO MUCH TIME IN A SINGLE ANIMATION. i want to finish early and i know its a problem because i have to be perfectionist and do the details and everything, im new in animation and i always like to DRAW but never took clases. so here im am doing animation like a hobbie but i really would like to be better Thanks again for the review and sorry for my bad english. lol.

Last slice Last slice

I laughed. Was pretty funny and you kept it short so the joke wasn't dragged on for too long. Good effort on the frame by frame, you didn't shy away from some difficult angles to animate.

Punchline might have been improved with some voice acting for the SWAT guys, but other than that it was good.

TheMultiMechs responds:

cheers mate! i actually at first intended some kind of grunt sounds for the swat guys at the end but just couldnt be arsed. thanks for feedback!

Box V.S. Paper - Say it like you MEAN IT!! Box V.S. Paper - Say it like you MEAN IT!!

I really struggled to understand what was being said most of the time as the background music really competed with your audio, so it was a good move including subtitles.

I tend to see a lot of animations that use characters like yours, and they're generally done so the animator doesn't need to put the effort in by drawing human characters. I mean, the animation had nothing to do with them being boxes or paper, so it just seems a tad lazy.

Visuals were nice. Dialogue was utter jibberish but I had a laugh.

R-Pivot responds:

ill lower the music in a minute or so. and yeah i talk really fast sometimes. you can blame me for that.

Future PONG N.W.O Future PONG N.W.O

I tried to treat this kindly because you said it was your first game, but it really needs some work. Obviously there's very little practicality to this unless you have another person with you, so I'd recommend building in an AI opponent. If you had done that I would have scored you much higher.

Sound effects are a bit harsh on the ears. Considering they happen so often perhaps try something softer next time. Can't really judge the visuals as it's just a simple pong game made of a few pixels.

Best of luck in the future.

TheGamingNoob20 responds:

Thanks alot for your response I'll try to fix the things you said (thanks for your advice).

Loading, Priming, and Firing: Scar H Loading, Priming, and Firing: Scar H

Mechanics are nice enough but there's little variation between this and the other guns you're putting out.

I feel you could have put a bit more time on drawing/animating the gun since it's such a simple game. The shooting, magazine loading effects are quite basic. Sound effects are decent though.

Beatdown 1 Beatdown 1

Character design meant they were a bit blocky/clunky in terms of animation. But the rest of it was pretty good. The fight animation was actually quite decent, surprised me a bit.

Keep it up.

Ive Gotta Hand It To You Ive Gotta Hand It To You

Can't really critique this because it's just a still frame with some lip synching. You've got the basics for character design down (eyes, nose, general facial structure looked good, even if it seemed a bit anime-ish).

Just put in a few more hours work next time and get the character moving.

JayCari responds:

yea i havent been wanting to do anymore full body lately but it does mean a lot to me on what you said pal